Insurance License Courses Online, Fast and Easy - Click. Pass. Produce.

Missouri Insurance License Requirements

Missouri Licensing Requirements

Applicants who wish to qualify as a Missouri resident insurance producer must:

  • Pass the required license examination(s)
  • Meet the minimum age requirement, which varies per license (see the table below);
  • Complete and submit the License Application form including the appropriate application fee
  • Ensure any required bonds, affidavits or assignments are filed

Nonresident license requirements

If you are not a Missouri resident and wish to apply for a Missouri license, you should contact the Department to determine the appropriate procedures and requirements.

The chart below lists the information for the various license types:

  • Educational and minimum age requirements;
  • Valid time period for licensure;
  • License fee; and
  • Renewal fee.
License Type Education Required Minimum Age Valid Period License Fee Special Requirement Renewal Fee
Producer None 18 2 yrs $100 None $100; biennially
Surplus Lines Producer None 18 1 yr $100 Must hold a current MO Property and Casualty Producer License $50; annually
Business Entity Producer License None 2 yrs $100 None $100; biennially
Public Adjuster None 18 1 yr $100 $10,000 Bond required $50; annually
Public Adjuster Solicitor None 18 1 yr $100 $1,000 Bond required $50; annually
Bail Bond Agent 24 hours initial basic training 21 2 yrs $150 $150; biennially
General Bail Bond Agent 24 hours initial basic training 21 2 yrs $150 Specific affidavits and assignment of $10,000 $150; biennially
Surety Recovery Agent 24 hours initial basic training 21 2 yrs $150 $150; biennially

For more information, contact the Missouri Department of Insurance, Financial Institutions, and Professional Registration at 573-751-4126 or visit their website:

Securities License Requirements

Any securities professional associated with a member firm-including partners, officers, directors, branch managers, department supervisors, and salespersons-must register with the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA). The registration application requires information about the individual's prior employment and disciplinary history. FINRA prescribes two levels of qualification and registration:

  • Registered representatives, generally sales personnel
  • Principals, generally officers of the firm and other management personnel involved in the day-to-day operation of the firm's investment banking or securities business

As part of the registration process, securities professionals must pass examinations administered by FINRA to demonstrate competence in the areas in which they will work. These mandatory qualification examinations cover a broad range of subjects on the markets, as well as the securities industry and its regulatory structure, ensuring a minimum level of understanding and expertise. For additional information, you should consult with your broker-dealer management team. You may also visit FINRA's website for detailed information.

Secure Login


User Name
Password Forgot Password?