Insurance License Courses Online, Fast and Easy - Click. Pass. Produce.

Nevada Insurance License Requirements

nevada insurance license

Prelicensing Education Requirements

The requirements of NRS 683A and NAC 683A state candidates must satisfactorily complete an approved course of education in the fields of insurance for which they apply before they may be licensed.

If a candidate is applying for a license in one line of insurance, he or she must satisfactorily complete twenty-five (25) hours of an approved course in that line of insurance.

If a candidate is applying for a license in life and health insurance or property and casualty insurance, he or she must satisfactorily complete thirty-five (35) hours of an approved course in those lines of insurance.

If a candidate is applying for a license in all lines of insurance, he or she must satisfactorily complete a course of sixty-five (65) hours covering all lines of insurance.

If a candidate has at least 10 years employment with an insurer in underwriting or adjusting claims or if a candidate has been licensed for 10 out of the last 15 years, he or she may be eligible for an exemption.

Approved courses, exemption forms and other information are located on the DOI website at under insurance forms producer licensing section.

Questions or requests for information can also be directed to:

Education Coordinator

Nevada Division of Insurance
788 Fairview Drive Suite 300
Carson City, NV 89701-5491
(775) 687-4270 ext: 239

To become a resident producer in Nevada one must:

  • Be a resident of Nevada
  • Complete an approved pre-license course
  • Be 18 years of age
  • Pass the appropriate Pearson Vue examination to the kinds of insurance to be transacted


If a person is contracted directly with an insurer, he or she must be appointed within 15 days of receiving the Nevada license or within 15 days after the first application for insurance is submitted by the producer to the insurer.

If a person is representing an agency, he or she must be affiliated prior to selling, soliciting or negotiating insurance on their behalf.

Securities License Requirements

Any securities professional associated with a member firm-including partners, officers, directors, branch managers, department supervisors, and salespersons-must register with the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA). The registration application requires information about the individual's prior employment and disciplinary history. FINRA prescribes two levels of qualification and registration:

  • Registered representatives, generally sales personnel
  • Principals, generally officers of the firm and other management personnel involved in the day-to-day operation of the firm's investment banking or securities business

As part of the registration process, securities professionals must pass examinations administered by FINRA to demonstrate competence in the areas in which they will work. These mandatory qualification examinations cover a broad range of subjects on the markets, as well as the securities industry and its regulatory structure, ensuring a minimum level of understanding and expertise. For additional information, you should consult with your broker-dealer management team. You may also visit FINRA's website for detailed information.

Secure Login


User Name
Password Forgot Password?