This licensing information is designed to provide a summary of the Mississippi insurance license requirements established by the Mississippi Insurance Department. We recommend you contact the Mississippi Insurance Department for more detailed information or changes.
Step 1: Complete a Mississippi insurance pre-licensing course
To sell insurance in Mississippi, you must complete an approved pre-licensing education course. All insurance pre-licensing courses provided by Insurance License Express are approved by the Mississippi Insurance Department.
Once you have completed your Mississippi insurance pre-licensing course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion. The course is valid for two years from your date of completion. Within one year of completing the course, you must pass your Mississippi insurance license exam.
Note: A disinterested third party (someone who is not a family member, friend, or financial connection to you) must monitor you taking your Certification Exam.
Step 2: Pass a Mississippi insurance licensing exam
Make an exam reservation
Your state licensing exam is provided by Test Services, Inc. Visit www.testingservices-ms.com to download the registration form you will need to register for the exam. Mail the form along with a check or money order (payable to Testing Service, Inc.) to:
- Testing Services, Inc., 124 One Madison Plaza, Suite 1400, Madison, MS 39110
Note: If you walk-in, you must pay your registration fee with cash. Call (601) 956-0049 if you have questions.
What to bring to your exam
You are required to bring two forms of current signature identification, including:
- A primary ID, such as a driver’s license, passport, or military ID that contains a photograph and signature. The ID cannot be expired.
- A secondary ID, such as a debit or credit card that contains your signature and has not expired.
- Note: One ID must contain your social security number.
To enter the exam, you will also be required to show a copy of your pre-licensing Certificate of Completion.
Mississippi insurance license exam format
- Each major line exam is given in a multiple-choice format.
- The exam consists of a general section that covers basic insurance product knowledge and a state section that covers the insurance laws, regulations, rules, and practices of Mississippi.
- The passing score required on the exam is 65. As soon as you complete the exam, you will receive a score report that indicates whether you passed or failed. Should you fail, you will receive a report that shows your numeric score and provides you with diagnostic and re-testing information.
After completing your exam, access your results at www.testingservices-ms.com.
Step 3: Apply for a Mississippi insurance license
Once you’ve passed the exam, apply for your Mississippi insurance license by completing an application at www.nipr.com or www.sircon.com. You can download a paper application from the Mississippi Insurance Department website at www.mid.ms.gov. If you need additional information, you may email questions to email@example.com or call (601) 359-3582.
For more information regarding Mississippi insurance license requirements, contact the Mississippi Insurance Department.
Securities License Requirements
Any securities professional associated with a member firm-including partners, officers, directors, branch managers, department supervisors, and salespersons-must register with the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA). The registration application requires information about the individual's prior employment and disciplinary history. FINRA prescribes two levels of qualification and registration:
Registered representatives, generally sales personnel
Principals, generally officers of the firm and other management personnel involved in the day-to-day operation of the firm's investment banking or securities business